Friday 27 May 2011

The Wedding

Last night my good friends Teleny and Derren (blogs can be found in my blog list) took the plunge and got married. Yay. 
Here is the ceremony and the few pictures I managed to get a nice angle for. 

Congratulations Babes, May your future be happy and filled with love.



Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. We'll be starting very soon
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: I'd like to ask that you please shut off your scanning-type HUDs and unneeded attachments, to help keep lag low
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Welcome everyone
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: We'll be starting soon so if you could all please make yourselves comfortable in your seats
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Thank you
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: The grooms tell me they need just a minute more, winks, You know how these things go
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: I've been asked to request that you have your audio stream on: and that if it dies, to retoggle
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Fitting for such a lovely location
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower smiles in the direction of the best men arriving
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower clears her throat: Ladies and gentlemen, loved ones, welcome. Love brings us here on this day: love that we all share for Derren and Teleny on this first day of their marriage, and the love that these two share for each other. This day is a celebration of the joys of love: Let it never be said that love is perfect, that love is all-healing, that nothing but joy can come of love.
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: We all know too well that love is uncertain, love is frustrating, love is hurtful, love is a risk we take knowing that at is end can only come loss. And the courage to take that risk, the knowledge that it is worth facing any amount of pain--THAT is truly the glory of love. For any two people among billions to find in one another all that mysterious and sometimes sad beauty that is love is perhaps the greatest miracle I know. And here, today, we have two such people. Derren and Teleny have both--together, and separately-- withstood the hurt and the tears and the frustration that love and loss bring to so many of us. And through this adversity, they have found greater joy and triumph in each other than could ever be found apart. These two have never stopped believing in love, and today before us now they will make vows of their commitment to one another, in honor of that love.
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Derren and Teleney have composed their own vows for this occasion, and first we will hear Derren's. ]  Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower nods in Derren's direction
Derren Nexen: Tel, what can I say? We've come a long way but it still feels like those very first days. We met under the craziest of circumstances and through all the drama and heartache those situations brought something amazing came out of it. I knew when I first met you I had to have you in my life somehow. I thought it would only be as friends but, as usual, you proved me wrong. We took our time and we set our feelings in stone. Those first few tentative days have been the foundations to what has now become a strong and beautiful relationship far surpassing anything I could of dreamed of. You have done so much for me it would take more then a lifetime to express how thankful I am. You got me building and creating, something I've never been inspired to do. : But you give me that inspiration along with your laughter, warmth and trust. You gave us a beautiful home, which never ceases to amaze me, and gave me the courage to take on this crazy world, whatever it throws at us. Some have described you as intense. I call it passion. Your passion for those you hold close and the causes you fight strongly for only fills me with more love and admiration for you. Your understanding and caring nature has brought me out of my shell and closer to you. You've become my lover, my partner and my best friend.
Derren Nexen: Throughout my life here on SL I've never really felt like I had a home. I would drift from one group to the next, watching chapters end as soon as they had begun. : With you I can't see an end. Only a future. Surely filled with its own trials but mostly with happiness and love. With you I feel like I'm home. So, I make a promise to you today that will last throughout the rest of our future together. That my love for you will stay forever unconditional and undying. To stay loyal, faithful and true through all of life’s obstacles and triumphs. : Let this ring be a symbol of the promise I've made to you today. All I can offer you is my heart, my respect, my trust and my love. : If you can put up with my funny moods and bad typos would you do me the honour of becoming my husband today? My virtual lover but my very real best friend.
Derren Nexen smiles
Teleny Macarthur: *places ring on finger* "Yes, my love, nothing would make me more fulfilled."
]  Teleny Macarthur: I, Teleny, give myself to you today in marriage. You've held my
heart for months, now, and my hand when I needed stability.
You've made me laugh, and cry, and know anger. You've given me
all that I need, all that I could want, and the promise of more.
You are my partner, my soul mate, and my companion.
First we exchanged hearts, then we exchanged rings.
Now we exchange our promises. : I promise to hold you up when you falter,
To hold you down when you fly too close to the sun. I promise to be the rock on which you can build your future, And the future that you can claim with me.
I promise to be the shade to shield you from the harshness of life, And the light to illuminate your shadows.
I promise you everything I have, will have, and may have.
I promise you all that I am, will be, or may become.
]  Teleny Macarthur: I promise to love you in good times and in bad,
When life is easy, and when life becomes hard.
I promise to keep you closest to my heart, And to strive to always be what you need me to be.
These things I give to you formally in this ceremony,
Though you have had them all along.
With this new ring, I symbolize these promises, as a reminder both to you
And to myself. : I love you, Derren, unconditionally. Will you accept this ring, and be my husband, my partner, my life?
Derren Nexen smiles "Of course I will"
Teleny Macarthur smiles through his tears.
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Let all who are assembled here, bear witness to this miracle that is love. What these two hearts have willed, let no person place nor thing tear apart. : May we all be loyal and true in our support of this union, as I, by the authority trusted in me, do now declare them officially wed.
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower smiles. Gentlemen, you may kiss your husband.
Cal Hainsworth: /applause
Franziskus Ninetails: ..yay..
(`'·.¸:•.•:*¨**¨¨*:•.•:¸.·'´)
♬♬♬,.-:*   APPLAUSE   *:-.,♬♬♬
(¸.·'´(¸.·'´:•.•:*¨**¨¨*:•.•:`'·.¸)`'·.¸)
\o /
Garrett Ceriano: yay
River: \o/
River:   ||    YaY!!!
River:  / \
MewMew Nuitage: `*~*`WooT WooT`*~*`
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: I introduce to you all now, for the first time, Messrs. Macarthur! Sláinte!
Rustie Zeplin:  ♫♫ APPLAUSE ♫♫♫♫♫ ♪♪♪♪♪ !!!!!!
♫♫ APPLAUSE ♫♫♫♫♫ ♪♪♪♪♪ !!!!!!
♫♫ APPLAUSE ♫♫♫♫♫ ♪♪♪♪♪ !!!!!!
Garrett Ceriano: ✯✯✯APPLAUSE ✯✯✯
βīηא: =^_^=
Franziskus Ninetails throws mice
MewMew Nuitage: mice D: lol
Dana Mureaux grins
Rustie Zeplin: runs around and catches the mice
MewMew Nuitage: lol
Cal Hainsworth laughs
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower applauds
Franziskus Ninetails: sure! you won't throw rice, won't you? not good for the pigeons
MewMew Nuitage: lmao
Franziskus Ninetails: congrats, babes!!!!
[2011/05/26 18:23]  βīηא: =^.^= *Nahm Nahm Nahm!*
Dana Mureaux: Congratulations to two VERY handsome and charming men. :)
MewMew Nuitage: congrates Tel & Derren ! *hugs*
Derren Nexen: yay!
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower grins
Asheranna: *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*Yayyyyyyy!!!!*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*
Teleny Macarthur: Thank you, all! and mostly, thank you, babydoll, for putting up with me.
Cal Hainsworth: congrats guys
Derren Nexen: Now what?!?
Dana Mureaux: Nice wedding. Very sweet vows, both of you. And good job Mistletoe. :)
MewMew Nuitage: honey moon time ?
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Thank you.
Teleny Macarthur: and mist that was beautiful!
Derren Nexen: lol
Teleny Macarthur: cake first!
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Gotta have cake first
MewMew Nuitage: cake !!!
Derren Nexen: Yes, thank you Mist
Teleny Macarthur: need energy food!
[2011/05/26 18:25]  Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: JINX
Teleny Macarthur: shall we cut the cake, dear?
Derren Nexen: Ok
Garrett Ceriano: Congratulations you two
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: Cake time, grins
  Jena Adder: awe congrats to the happy couple
Derren Nexen: CAKE!!! yes... cake! We all like a bit of cake, don't we!
Teleny Macarthur: lol!
Cal Hainsworth grins
Dana Mureaux: Ain't NObody doesn't like cake, all right.
Teleny Macarthur: you know I'm only married you because you make me laugh, right? ]  Teleny Macarthur grins grab a piece of cake, loves!
Derren Nexen: Well it wasn't for my amazing typing skills
Teleny Macarthur: heh, and there's champers on the other table!
Derren Nexen: Yes everyone! Please help youselves to cake and champers!
Dana Mureaux wonders what champers are
Mistletoe Ethaniel-Skytower: You heard the man: reception time!
Teleny Macarthur: Joey, great job with the tunes, bro!

Official Mist
groomsman - my master Franzi

groomsman Garret
taking their vows


First dance

DJ JoeyBoi
My master and me looking hot in our suits
cutting the cake

dancing with my master

me and Binx

three looking hot

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the post, River! It was wonderful having our family there with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun!! So exciting seeing pictures already up! :D

    ReplyDelete